Dental implants are so natural-looking and feeling, you may forget you ever lost a tooth. You know that your confidence about your teeth affects how you feel about yourself, both personally and professionally. Perhaps you hide your smile because of spaces from missing teeth. Maybe your dentures don’t feel secure. Perhaps you have difficulty chewing. If you are missing one or more teeth and would like to smile, speak and eat again with comfort and confidence, there is good news! Dental implants look and feel just like your own teeth!
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are metal posts that are inserted surgically into the jawbone to provide stability for artificial teeth.
Dental implants should be considered if you:
- Are unhappy with the appearance of your smile due to missing teeth
- Wear uncomfortable dentures
- Are unhappy with removable partial dentures
- Wish to keep other teeth intact
Implants can be used to replace one tooth, several teeth, or to support a full set of dentures. These implants are made of titanium and other materials that are well tolerated by the body.
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
- Implants offer a great deal of support to man-made teeth.
- Any restoration attached to an implant won’t slip or shift in the mouth, allowing for better chewing and speaking ability, as compared to removable restorations.
- Man-made teeth attached to implants feel more natural and more comfortable than traditional bridges or dentures.
- Implants offer great value, because they can last a lifetime, if properly maintained.
Am I a Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
- Are in good health, or are cleared by your physician prior to scheduling surgery.
- Have enough bone to support the implant, or are a candidate for bone augmentation, if needed.
- Have healthy gum tissue to surround the implant.
- Commit to taking care of the implant with regular brushing, flossing, and dental visits.